Saturday, August 20, 2016

Satellite Time

After the untimely demise of AO-51 my satellite activities have been greatly curtailed.  However, in the stealth lab in the attic in my spare time I have been assembling a great satellite station that should be the equal of any new or old satellite.  On August 18, it all came together:



The result- pure ham satisfaction!  Contacts were made on  AO-85, and I heard the beacons and my own signal coming back on FO-29, and my signal back on AO-07!! (AO-07:  The "zombie" satellite, back from the dead).  Unfortunately a malfunction of the UHF antenna attachment on the IC-9100 means I'm rig-less until it is traded out under warranty.  But it was tremendously fun while it lasted!  I'll work on refining the process so I can take it on the road in our old van.

Equipment:
          Icom IC-9100
          Yaesu G-5500
          AMSAT LVB Tracker
          Lenovo X201 laptop running Windows 7
          SatPC32
          Diamond Antenna 10 element yagi 144-148 MHz
          Diamond Antenna 15 element yagi 430-440 MHz
          One happy Ham

No comments:

Post a Comment