Friday, July 22, 2022

 Status Report

Current Rigs:

    IC-9100 for HF, Satellites, and general base station fun

    IC-705 for SOTA and portable/QPR work

    A miscellany of HTs for.... walking about and such

Current Antennas:  

    The old reliable AlexLoop

    Improvised dipole for 10-30 meters

    All my other antennas are transmitting in a better world due to weather and inattention

Current Projects:

    I built a WsprPi for my soon to be daughter-in-law for her 10 meter technician priviledges.  Works well.  I used this guide:  RaspberryPi WSPR Node : 7 Steps - Instructables.

    RPi based Hamclocks, both small and large:  Ham Clock On A Pi – Fuzz The Pi Guy

    CW.  It's hard to believe I used to do all my QSOs in the 1970's using CW given how terrible I am now at it.  I am working to get my speed back up. (Not that I was ever all that fast)

    Misc RPi projects

    Radio Astronomy:  trying to figure out an appropriate Az El rotator for a large dish.  Too much wind where I live to make this easy.

Long Term Goals:

    SOTA- I miss doing SOTA.  I hope to restart this summer, health willing

    Regular satellite work.  With the easy FM LEOs dwindling this may be more of a challenge, but that is part of the fun of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment