Sunday, June 25, 2017

Post Field Day

I ended up doing 100% WSJT-X modalities during field day due to using only 5 watts and being in a relatively isolated area.  I even was able to get some 80 meter contacts but had to boost power to do so. 
I added my Alex Loop as an alternative antenna so I could more rapidly transition between bands.  During the daytime the vertical was set to 20 meters and the loop to 40, and at night the vertical was tuned to 80 meters.
The Alex Loop and the Vertical
My RPi in action, with a 12v 1 amp camper monitor running on batteries

The RPi and its buddy, the SignaLink USB.  I have a USB expander sub hat on the RPi

My field day contest station
All in all a very fun experience.  My battery settup lost the ability to fire the transmitter about 6 AM, so that's when I stopped and joined my family for church. (That's a Knox Bible for those who are interested in such things- a rather good Catholic version translated by Ronald Knox).

No comments:

Post a Comment