Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Pre Field Day

Hello World!
I've been busy this spring and summer with Sea-Pac 2017 and with preparations for field day, as well as reorganizing the attic ham shack, running the hobby farm, dealing with winter damage, working on the barn project, and working in the ER full time as well as family activities.  No recent satellite activities unfortunately, but I have installed my Alinco DX 70 in my car with an independent power supply that is much more quiet than my prior installation, and learned a lot of linux.

I plan to do a low power RPi centered field day this weekend.  Unfortunately I am working all the way up to this Saturday, with 12-13 hour shifts on each day/night if I get out on time (ha!).

Here is my attic ham shack, northeastern corner
Here is the view out the southern wall/ window (life is tough in such a beautiful place, eh?!)

Here is my faithful Raspberry Pi 3, running my Yaesu FT-450 on WSJT-X WSPR 20 meters at the moment.  It also does fldigi well.  Full working CAT controls.  I found out that you actually DO have to cinch down the serial connections with the screws if you expect them to work consistently.  Go figure.

One of my Ham shack tortoise companions out for a morning stroll out of range of turtlecam but not my iphone camera.

Hope to work you on field day!
73
de AD7QQ sk

No comments:

Post a Comment